This year we’ve seen quite a number a Qantas Frequent Flyer promotions, especially relating to earning and burning points and bonuses on status credits.
Here is a list of the promotions we’ve already seen this year:
- Qantas Offering Double Points On All Routes
- Qantas Offering Double Points For A Limited Time
- Qantas Offering Double Status Credits
- Qantas Offering 50% More Status Credits For Business Rewards, Limited Time Only
Qantas are currently running a new promotion and this time, it’s for redeeming points. In this new promotion, Qantas members are able to redeem their points and receive 25% off when redeeming for an Economy award seat. When booking, you’ll see the new amount when you’re at the payment page.
The promotion is for both domestic and international bookings. If you’d like to take advantage of this promotion, you’ll have to book between May 24th and May 29th.
If you’re wanting to take advantage of the promotion, all travel has to be taken from the 8th of July 2017 until the 6th of May 2018.
Here are some examples of bookings with the 25% discount:
- Brisbane – Sydney is usually 8000 points but with the discount, it’s 6000 points
- Brisbane – Melbourne is usually 12000 points but with the discount, it’s 9000 points
- Sydney – Auckland is usually 18000 points but with the discount, it’s 13500 points
- Sydney – Hong Kong is usually 28000 points but with the discount, it’s 21000 points
- Melbourne – Los Angeles is usually 45000 points but with the discount, it’s 33750 points
- Perth – London is usually 60000 points but with the discount, it’s 45000 points
Overall, redeeming points for Economy flights usually doesn’t represent great value but with this new promotion, it makes redeeming points for Economy a little better. If you really do need to use them for an economy booking use them but In my opinion, the points are much, much better kept for upgrades, especially on the long-haul international legs.