Qantas and Accor have had a pretty close partnership for some time. This isn’t the first promotion they’ve run like this, so it’s good to see it back once again. For those not aware about the partnership, the usual base earn rate is 1 Qantas point per $ spent at Accor properties. You’re also able to transfer your Le Club points directly into the Qantas program.
The Accor group has a reach of 92 countries, and they’re also a significant player in the Australian hotel market. The Accor group owns and runs the following brands: Novotel, Sofitel, Mercure, Ibis, Ibis Budget, Pullman, M Gallery, Pullman, Quay West & The Sebel.
This promotion sadly isn’t for all countries that Accor cover but instead two states in Australia, the Australian Capital Territory and New South Wales. All up, there is a total of 34 Accorr properties across these two regions that will earn 6 points per $.
As well as the 6 points per dollar you’ll be able to earn. You’ll also receive a 30% discount when making the booking.
Here are the essential facts you’ll need to know about the promotion:
- Bookings have to be made between now and 11:59 pm on the 18th of October 2019
- You have to stay during the 15th of December 2019 and the 14th of November 2019
- Bookings have to be made in full at the time of booking
- Bookings are non-refundable
- The Qantas points obtained during the promotion, unfortunately, cannot be split between two members even if they’re booked in the same room
- The points may take up to 8 weeks until they appear into your account
- Extra points will not be awarded for any additional $ spent at the property within your stay period
Making a booking to get the extra points
The biggest thing you’ll need to remember when making a booking is to make sure you’re doing so through the Qantas Hotels website. If you don’t do this, you’ll sadly be kissing those 6 points per $ and discount goodbye.
It’s also essential that I mention that when you’re booking the hotel through a third party, you won’t sadly receive any points of the hotel’s program. To earn points in the hotel program, you would have to book directly to collect them.
Elite benefits also sadly don’t come into effect when you’ve booked via a third party, but at the end of the day, it’s often to the hotels’ discretion. Some people have reported success, while others have had a different outcome.
Will you be taking advantage of this Accor and Qantas promotion?
Featured Images – Accor Hotels