Virgin Australia has very recently ended their partnership with hotel booking website ”Agoda”. The airline has instead switched to their own booking service ”Virgin Holidays”.
When booking through Virgin Holidays you’ll get the same benefits as you would previously when booking through Agoda. Here are the benefits:
- Search for hotels by destination
- Compare hotels online before you book
- Receive the best available rates
- Earn 3 Points per $1 spent for each Qualifying Stay
- Silver, Gold and Platinum members earn a Points bonus in addition to the base Points earned
What do I think of the move?
I think the move is quite good especially for the airline. I personally never use OTA’s for hotel bookings as you 90% of the time you don’t accrue the full miles. I made this mistake when I first started collecting miles and points, this was with Hyatt.