Qantas and American Express are currently offering a promotion which enables customers to get $50 back whenever they spend $350 on Qantas flights. This offer can only be used on flights within or departing Australia, in Australian dollars and you have to have an Australian Amex. The promotion is valid from now until the 28th of December 2017.
To enrol in the offer, you have to register your credit card here. There’s no info as to which cards can be used but I tested and enrolled the Platinum, Platinum Edge, Explorer and Business Platinum and they all seemed to work. If you’ve got a card I haven’t listed, It’s still worth entering the details as it either may or may not work – it’s worth just seeing if it does.
Here are the Terms and Conditions:
- Offer is limited to one credit per registered Card. The eligible card must be registered and then used to purchase an eligible Qantas flight.
- Eligible flights are flights within or departing Australia and paid for in Australian dollars. This offer excludes round-the-world flights.
- Offer not valid for flights booked via Qantas airport locations, Qantas ticket offices, travel agents and online aggregators (such as Expedia).
- Offer not valid for spend on hotels, car rental, packages, insurance, activities, charters, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Qantas Business Rewards, Qantas Conferences, Qantas Store or Qantas epiQure.
- Please note that card payment fees apply to purchases made on qantas.com using a credit or charge card. Applicable purchase charges are 1.3% for Australian Domestic and Australian Trans-Tasman flight bookings per ticket, per card, with charges capped at a maximum of $11 per passenger OR 1.3% for Australian international flight bookings per ticket, per card, with charges capped at a maximum of $70 per passenger.
- Excludes transactions where you do not spend directly with your eligible Card online at Qantas.com on the Australian website only.
- Excludes transactions made through a third party payment processor.
- Credit is not redeemable for cash or other payment form.
- Credit should appear on your billing statement within 5 business days from qualifying spend but may take up to 90 days from offer end date.
- Credit will not be applied to your Account if it has been suspended or cancelled.
- Credit may be reversed if your qualifying purchase is refunded or cancelled.
If you’re planning to be spending and purchasing Qantas flights, this is a great promotion to use and could save you some cash. Be quick to register as it’s only available for the first 30,000 Amex cardholders.