American Express and Marriott are currently running a cashback offer which is only being offered to Australian credit cards. For this offer, when you spend $500 or more on Marriott properties within Australia in one transaction, you’ll receive $100 back
For those not aware, Marriott and American Express have a partnership and depending on what type of credit card you hold; you’ll receive a complimentary Bonvoy gold membership.
Many have been very vocal about the Marriott program in the past couple of years, but I can honestly say I hadn’t had an issue when I was gold and even received a few free suite upgrades which I didn’t think would ever happen.
As with every offer, there, of course, will be some terms and conditions, and here they are below:
- The offer does not include Marriott Vacations properties
- You have to book via the Marriott app, in person at a property or over the phone and put down the same credit card you received the offer on when making the booking
- When checking into the hotel, you have to use the American Express card you received the offer on
- Your booking has to be made by the 31/12/2019
- If you book via a third-party travel website and still use your Amex, unfortunately, you will not get the cashback
- The $100 credit should post back to your Amex account within five days of you making payment
- This offer is only valid for one use
Which American Express cards are eligible for this offer?
From doing some personal digging, I was able to find that these are the following cards that have the offer available to enrol into:
- American Express Platinum Edge Card
- American Express Explorer Card
- American Express Platinum Charge Card
If you’ ‘re not familiar with where the offers are, you’ll want to go to the American Express app, click on the offer and press enrol. Once you’ve registered for the offer, there’s nothing else to do but make your next booking.