Qantas are currently offering a promotion which is to do with their Qantas Money program. Basically, for those not familiar with Qantas Money, it’s a system where you load money onto your card and use it overseas instead of using a credit card, the same way a debit card works.
If you’re a member of Qantas, an Australian resident and above the age of 16 years old, you can use your Qantas frequent flyer membership card as your travel money card.
In this promotion, Qantas are offering up to 12,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer points if you transfer between $2000 and $8000 AUD.
If you would like to register for this promotion, you’ll need to click the link here.
Here’s the table for the points earning with the promotion active:
Important things to note:
- You must register for this and load currency between now and the 18th of July 2019.
- You’ll earn 1.5 Qantas points per $1 spent in foreign currency
- You can transfer the following currencies USD, GBP, EUR, THB, NZD, SGD, HKD, CAD, JPY and AED.
- You have to be over the age of 16 to hold a Qantas Money Travel Card
- Heritage Bank are the issuer of the card
- The Qantas Money Travel Card is a Mastercard
- The point will be credited to your account within 6 to 8 weeks of using the promotion
- You’ll have no Qantas International ATM fee’s
If you haven’t activated your Qantas Money Travel Card before, do it now before the 18th even if you don’t plan on transferring currency as Qantas are giving away 500 points when you first activate it.
If you’re someone who’s got travel coming up, take advantage of the offer as it’s always nice to earn some extra points on something you were going to do anyway. If you’re someone who just loves free points for the sake of them, this offer isn’t really suited to you, unless your cards not activated.