Qantas and American Express are currently running an offer which will give you money back when you spend a certain amount on the card. For this card offer, American Express will give you $50 back when you spend $250 on Qantas.
Offers like these are always fantastic to take advantage of, and this is an especially useful one. Unfortunately though for a lot of American Express and Qantas customers, you won’t be able to take advantage of this offer, I’ll explain about this more in detail further down.
Key things to note:
- You have to be targeted for this offer, there’s no other way to be eligible for it
- You have to take advantage of this offer by the 13th of October 2019
- Flights have to be departing or within Australia
- Flights have to be booked via the Qantas website only
- This offer is targeted to the first 15,000 people that receive it
- The credit will appear in your account in 5 business days
- Limit to 1 credit per card
- You can use the credit on redemption bookings
If you noticed that the first dot point is all slanted, that’s the part we’ll be talking about a bit more. As these offers are pretty valuable, Amex can’t offer these promotions to everyone, hence why it’s targeted.
It’s not exactly clear at this stage which cards are and aren’t eligible. There’s reports that this offer is being offered on select Qantas Ultimate cards as well as Explorer cards.
To check if you’re in fact eligible for this offer, you’ll want to open the American Express app, select your card(s), click offers, and it will bring you to the page where the Qantas offer should be sitting.
If you don’t see the Qantas offer in this page, this means unfortunately this time around, you’ll be unable to use the offer with American Express and Qantas.
Unfortunately none of my cards are eligible for this deal but for those who are, use it to your advantage