Only a couple of weeks ago, I wrote about Qantas running a promotion which enabled passengers travelling to South Africa on any QF flight, the opportunity to earn double points. Fast forward to now and Qantas are again offering another double points offer, and this time, it’s for travel to the United States.
Qantas have a number of cities they serve in the U.S. Los Angeles, Dallas, San Francisco, Honolulu and New York (with the stop in LA). Qantas operate their 787 Dreamliners to Los Angeles from Brisbane/Melbourne as well as San Fransisco to Melbourne. The carrier use their A380’s on the Sydney/Melbourne – Los Angeles and Sydney – Dallas flight. The 747 is currently being used on the Sydney – San Fransisco & Sydney – Honolulu service.
Key things to note:
- You have to book your travel between now and the 22nd of July at 11:59pm
- You have to take your travel between the 23rd of July and the 31st of August
- You have to register for the offer via email
- You have to be booked on a (QF) flight
- Your points will be transferred into your account within 6 weeks
How many points will I earn?
Here’s an example of Melbourne – Los Angeles:
- First Class – without the bonus (18,000) with the bonus (36,000)
- Business Class – without the bonus (14,625) with the bonus (29,250)
- Premium Economy – without the bonus (11,125) with the bonus (22,500)
- Economy – without the bonus (9,000 points) with the bonus (18,000)
If you’d like to find out exactly how much you’ll earn depending on your fare type, click here and it will re-direct you to the Qantas calculator.
Promotions like these are becoming more and more frequent, especially with Qantas. It’s quite clear that the airline is really wanting to win over customers and keep them from booking other carriers by offering them an incentive.
With all of these double points promotions running, will it only be a matter of time before another double status credits offer is available? Who knows, but it’s great to see these keeping being brought out for passengers.