The latest airline news from Australia and around the world by Zac George. Zac has been following Aviation ever since a young child. From taking photos of aircraft to flying Pioneer aircraft, Zac loves anything Aviation related. Zac started the blog in 2015 in the hope of keeping people updated on all of the latest airline news in Australia but also from around the world.
Royal Brunei Airlines have just announced the ability to bid to upgrade up to Business class. The airline uses ‘Plusgrade’ which is used by more than 30 airlines, Qantas, Virgin Australia, Air New Zealand, Cathay Pacific and Etihad are just some of the airlines to use the system.
Royal Brunei only operates to 1 Australian city and that’s Melbourne, and they use their 787-8 aircraft. The aircraft features 18 Zodiac Aura lite business class seats. These seats are very similar to what you’ll find on LATAM.
The seats feature In-seat power and a 15.4-inch screen.
To upgrade on the airline you can check if you’re available online or you’ll receive and email asking if you’d like to upgrade.
If you would like to upgrade there are few rules:
- You cannot upgrade a redemption ticket
- You cannot upgrade infants
- You cannot upgrade groups
- You cannot upgrade if you are under the legal age of majority in the country of residence at the time the Upgrade Offer is submitted
If you do upgrade there are a few things to note:
- You don’t get an increased baggage allowance
- You don’t get priority services such as priority lane access or lounge access
- Miles will not be earned (that’s normal for bid or discount upgrades)
You are basically paying for the seat, meals and beverages only.