British Airways will be adding a brand new set of menus for both club world and first class from the 1st of May exclusively for London – Hong Kong services. This is taking place to celebrate the 80th anniversary of the London – Hong Kong route.
Here are the new menus for both First and Club World. Courtesy of businesstraveller.com
- Salmon with caviar, ginger and pistachio dressing
- Seared salmon with pistachio and saffron sponge
- Vegetarian tart with zucchini, carrot, red onion and ricotta cheese
- Beef short rib with mashed potato
- Prawn, white mushroom and truffle wonton and noodle soup
- Parma ham, melon, blue cheese and walnut
- Pan-seared salmon
- Tomato, asparagus and mozzarella cheese
- Beef bourguignon with potatoes and porcini mushrooms
- Duck with duck reduction sauce, baby carrots, and asparagus
- Chocolate orange-style dessert and pastry
All of the new menu consists of Asian and Cantonese inspired cuisine. It’s nice to see British adding what I’d say a very small amount of caviar into First Class. I never thought I’d see the day they would add it.
Obviously, this is a big step up for the route and it’s a nice change but, It would also be nice to see the other long-haul services get similar soft product updates but I don’t think that will happen anytime soon.
Source – businesstraveller.com