Often a couple of times a year we see Qantas run a promotion offering double status credits on bookings. It’s a great incentive for people wanting to chase a higher status or even just travellers who have status already that want to make it to that next level a little faster. I’ve written about these promo’s multiple times but that’s been some time ago due to my absence. I’m glad to say, Qantas are now currently running the promotion once again.
To take part in this promotion, you’ll need to register on this page by the 22nd of February. To be eligible to earn double status credits, you’ll have to take flights on Qantas metal only, between the 25th of February 2019 until August 31st 2019. This leaves a small time frame for travel so you’ll want to make sure you book for flight between then otherwise you’ll be stuck getting the standard rates.
Important things to note:
- Flights with a QF flight number on on QF metal will ONLY earn double status credits
- All flights with a QF flight number (Domestically and internationally) are eligible for this promotion
- It can take up to 6 weeks for the double status credits to appear in your account
- Flights HAVE to be booked on the Qantas website
- There’s no limit to how many bookings or segments you can take to take advantage of this offer.
If you’re close to the next level in the Qantas frequent flyer program, I’d definitely take advantage of this program. There’s never usually a set time Qantas will run the promotion so I’d take it while it’s here, only if you find it worthwhile and worth the cost.
If you’re not familiar with the Qantas program and the required status credits for each status, here they are:
- Silver – 300 status credits to qualify, 250 to re-qualify.
- Gold – 700 status credits to qualify, 620 to re-qualify
- Platinum – 1400 status credits to qualify, 1200 to re-qualify
- Platinum One – 3600 status credits to qualify, 3600 to re-qualify