Qantas are currently offering quite a nice bonus on points when purchasing a hotel stay. Qantas Hotels is the carriers accomodation booking portal which gives you Qantas points whenever you book a stay, they often offer nice incentives and this is the case now.
Until the 30th of August 2019, you will be able to earn 6 Qantas points per $ spent on hotels around the world. The standard amount of points you’d usually earn through Qantas hotels is 3 points per $.
If you were not aware, Business Rewards members can also earn 1 point per $.
Important things to note
- Qantas points may take up to 8 weeks until they will appear in your account
- The booking has to be in the same name of the frequent flyer account holder making the booking to be eligible for points earning
- You have 90 days from check out to claim your missing points if they’re not in your account
- You can earn points in your personal frequent flyer account on top of your business account
- You cannot split the points between 2 people if theres more than 1 person on the reservation
- You unfortunately will not be able to earn points or qualifying elite nights if you book through Qantas Hotels
Another very important topic I will touch on is elite status and benefits when booking via a third party website, in this case, Qantas Hotels. Most hotels unfortunately will not give elite members their benefits unless they’ve booked directly through the program of whom they’re apart of.
This is set in stone for EVERY hotel and chain but for the most part – benefits aren’t offered. There isn’t even a space to add your program number.
If you’re wanting to take advantage of this promotion, I’d recommend using it for hotels that aren’t part of a chain. Independent hotels are really the best value properties when these types of promotions are running.
If you’ve got a trip coming up and you’re not tied to a program or just want to get some extra value when making a hotel reservation, this is quite a good opportunity to do so.
Featured Image by Daniil Vnoutchkov on Unsplash