Etihad Airways are currently running a hotel points transfer promotion. If you transfer points from one of the 8 eligible hotel programs to Etihad Guest between now and April 30th 2017, you’ll receive 20% bonus miles.
Etihad Airways A340-600
Here are the eligible programs, to transfer miles and for more information click here.
- 2 Le Club AccorHotel Points = 1 Etihad Guest Mile
Starwood Preferred Guest
- 20,000 Starpoints = 25,000 Etihad Guest Miles, the rate is 1:1 with a bonus of 5,000 miles for every 20,000 transferred
- 10,000 Marriot Rewards Points = 1,500 Etihad Guest Miles
Club Carlson Gold Points
- 10 Club Carlson Club Points = 1 Etihad Guest Mile
World Of Hyatt
- 2.5 World of Hyatt Points = 1 Etihad Guest Mile
Golden Circle Award Points
- 1 Golden Circle Award Point = 1 Etihad Guest Mile
- 10 Hilton Honors Points = 1 Etihad Guest Miles
- 5 IHG Rewards Club Points = 1 Etihad Guest Miles
Etihad Guest miles aren’t extremely valuable for redemptions but they often have some good value when using them for upgrades. You can use them to fly in First Class on the 787…
Or why not try the Apartments on the A380…
Obviously, it only makes sense to transfer points to the program if you use it regularly or are using it for a certain redemption. I’m Gold with Etihad and have a bunch of miles just sitting there. The sweet spot in the program is Europe redemptions like Brussels Airlines to the U.S.