As you may have seen from my most recent post, Virgin Australia has just surpassed 10 million Velocity members, but that’s not the only thing they’re celebrating. Virgin Australia and Etihad have also just hit their tenth anniversary and to celebrate, Etihad is going to be giving out extra Velocity points.
For this promotion, Etihad is giving passengers two options for the extra points. If you fly in either Business or First Class, you’ll receive 15,500 points, and if you fly Economy Class, you’ll receive 7,800 points.
Important things you’ll need to know:
- All flights have to be onboard Etihad Airways
- You have to make a booking between now and the 22nd of October at 11:59 pm
- Travel has to be taken between the 23rd of October and the 31st of March 2020
- All flights have to be booked on Etihad.com
- The extra points will be added within six weeks of travel been taken
- You have to book two sectors to be eligible for the offer
- Flights have to originate in Australia to earn the extra points
Etihad operates daily services from 4 Australian cities, Brisbane, Sydney, Perth and Melbourne. Sydney has two daily services with the A380 as well as a 3 class 777. Melbourne receives a 787 and 777 which are both 2 class configured. Brisbane and Perth also receive the 2 class 787-9’s daily.
For those that are interested in how many Velocity points you’ll earn, I’ve attached the table which will help you find out how many points you’ll earn for flights on EY:
While this promotion isn’t one that makes you want to book flights, its nonetheless quite valuable for people who have planned travel or are looking at travelling.
Will you be taking advantage of this promotion with Etihad and Virgin Australia?