The hotel industry is an interesting one to talk about. These hotel groups are always trying to innovate and think of new ways to attract new customers. The topic of hotel loyalty is also an interesting one. Like airlines, these large chains offer elite status, lounges and a whole heap of other things which consumers love.
To some, earning hotel status can seem like a waste of money and especially time. I myself am a Hyatt Globalist and SPG Gold member and I value the two highly but that’s also because I travel often and use it a lot. What If there was something in the market for travellers that travel occasionally and want similar benefits?
Well, now there is. Marriott has just released the ‘ClubMarriot’ membership for the whole Asia and Pacific Region.
The membership has been with some hotels for quite some time but it’s now being further rolled out.
What is ClubMarriot?
It’s basically a paid membership that grants people discounts on food and beverages, welcome drinks, discounts on stays, and discounts on many other hotel facilities while staying at any Marriot and SPG property in the Asia Pacific region.
Here’s an example of the benefits while staying at the new Aloft in Perth.
- 25% discount off food and beverage for up to 15 guests in All-Day-Dining Restaurant (Specialty Restaurants and Bars participate by respective hotel opt-in only)
- 10% off Best Available Rate at 25 Hotels in Pacific for up to 3 rooms per night
- Stay for 7 nights and Pay for 5 nights valid at 25 participating Hotels in Pacific region
- 20% off Best Available Rate in Asia
- 10% off Spa valid at Participating Hotels
- Unlimited Birthday offers during birthday month
- Engagement Events (such as exclusive offers, special invites and member’s events)
- Members’ Day Offers & Members’ Kids Offers
- 2 X Welcome drinks upon check in
These are just some of the benefits and if you look around at different properties, you’ll find different benefits.
The ClubMarriott membership can be used in Australia, New Caledonia, Samoa New Zealand and Fiji at the moment but from July, August and September this year, it’ll be available to the following countries – China, Hong Kong, Japan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam & India. If you’d like to see which exact hotels you can use the ClubMarriot membership at, click here.
The strange part about the whole thing is that there isn’t a set price for the membership anywhere on the website. You have to enter your details here and an associate will get back to you. I’ve signed up and I’ll update the post once I find out the price.
This isn’t the first type of membership that you can buy to get hotel benefits. Intercontinental have their ambassador program which is quite valuable, I can’t take advantage of it yet but when I can, I will.