Earlier today I posted about a promotion for Virgin Australia flyers. If you’re not a VA flyer and prefer travel on Qantas, this is a promotion that may sound quite appealing. The airline is offering a discount for redemption tickets to a select few destinations, ones that are quite popular with tourists and families.
Qantas is offering a 30% discount to 3 destinations – Fiji, New Zealand and San Francisco. Now here is the interesting and unique part of the offer, travel doesn’t have to be taken exclusively on Qantas. In this offer, redemptions on Fiji Airways and Jetstar are also included for their services in the south pacific; sadly you won’t be able to redeem for Fiji’s long-haul to SFO.
What are the specifics for the Qantas classic rewards promotion?
- You have to make the booking between the 10th of February and the 19th of February 2020
- Travel has to be taken between the 10th of February and the 31st of December 2020
- All of your flights have to be booked in the same class
- Economy, Premium and Business redemptions are all available for the discount
- Fiji Airways flights have to be to/from Australia & Fiji (no exceptions)
- Jetstar flights have to be to/from Australia & New Zealand (no exceptions)
- Qantas just recently started San Francisco, and according to the fine print, Brisbane is the only route being accepted in this offer
As you can see below, here is an example of a Brisbane – Nadi flight in business on Fiji Airways. If the discount wasn’t applied, the total would come to 41,500 points one-way.
The best way to get the highest value would be redeemed for the premium cabins, especially on the flights to Fiji or San Francisco on the Qantas service.
It’s great to see Qantas run a promotion like this but just wish they included a few more destinations, but I understand why they haven’t. With the offer currently running, I think I may use some points for a Fiji Airways A350 which I’d love to review.
Will you be taking advantage of this offer?