Over the past few weeks, we’ve seen some great promotions being run by Virgin Australia, and it appears that they’ll continue. Virgin recently bought back the Velocity program at the cost of $623 million and with this brings a lot of opportunities for the program to grow, expand and continue to be valuable to customers.
As an example, only a few days ago the airline announced that they would be increasing their earning for Ola rides (which is now a lot more valuable than Qantas and Uber) and on top of that, they’re running promotions on buying points and even on hotel stays.
You are now able to earn triple Velocity points on all flights for a limited time
What are the specifics of the promotion?
- You’ll need to activate the triple points offer between the 10th of February and the 18th of February, 2020
- You’ll have to take your travel between the 10th of February 2020 and the 5th of January, 2021
- You’ll be able to activate the offer when you log into your Velocity account or using this link
- Any flight in the network is entitled to triple points, no restrictions regarding paid fares
- As always, redemption award seats won’t earn points
- You cannot earn triple points on any partner airlines even if booked on Virgin Australia
- The offer cannot be used with other being offered by Velocity
- The bonus points may take up to 4 weeks until they deposit into your account
- Any tier bonus will not receive the bonus points
It’s great to see these types of promotion and I hope it continues. The last time Velocity offered a double status promotion was in November of last year, so I doubt we’ll be seeing one of those for a couple of months yet.
Even if you don’t plan of using the offer at all, I’d still recommend just activating it as you never know when you may need to travel, and it’s nice to earn more than you usually would.
Will you be taking advantage of the triple points offer?