The latest airline news from Australia and around the world by Zac George. Zac has been following Aviation ever since a young child. From taking photos of aircraft to flying Pioneer aircraft, Zac loves anything Aviation related. Zac started the blog in 2015 in the hope of keeping people updated on all of the latest airline news in Australia but also from around the world.
Only a few months ago I said we were due for another double status credits offer from Qantas and well, here we are – they’re currently offering double status credits and the best part? This is a public offer. Qantas has been notorious for providing these types of promotions, but the difference has been who they’ve reached. Majority of the offers were targeted and often came with restrictions as to the class of travel or even destination.
These double status credits offers are often times you’ll feel happy, but your wallet will not. It’s a great way to get that next status, and it does shave offer a lot of money. Qantas also has some interesting routing available which make this offer extremely powerful, and I know A LOT of people are thrilled to see it come back.
As with all of my posts regarding offers and promotions, I’ve listed all of the important information you’ll need to know.
What are the main things to know about the double status credits offer from Qantas?
- You have until 11:59 pm on the 25th of February to register for the promotion (you can register here)
- You have to make a booking between now and 11:59 pm on the 25th of February
- Travel has to be taken between the 28th of February and the 14th of February 2021
- The bonus status credits may take up to 6 weeks until they land in your account
- The offer cannot be combined with another offer from Qantas
- All flights have to be with ‘QF’ flight number to qualify for double status credits
- Any partner bookings made with Qantas do not qualify for the offer
- Booking can be made via a travel agent, the Qantas website or a Qantas call centre
Where should I be travelling?
While everyone obviously has their preference for destinations and airports they like travelling through, I would recommend looking at flights to and from New Zealand, as well as into Bali. Another tip is to look at going via smaller airports like the Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast – this often can bring prices down by a few hundred dollars if you’re in business.
Play around with all different routing options and adding legs as this is the best way to extract the most out of this offer. Even if you don’t think you’ll take advantage of it, still register as you may regret it later down the track – these offers are sporadic nowadays.