Etihad offers the unique ability to have a stopover in Abu Dhabi for a very small price or even free. Many airlines do offer these stopovers, but today I will focus on Etihad. The airline offers 5 types of stopovers, Abu Dhabi 2-for-1, Abu Dhabi Premium, The Residence Stopover, Abu Dhabi Transit and Islamic City Stopover. In this post, I will talk about each one in detail and how to maximise them.
- You must have flown into Abu Dhabi and continuing onto another destination on an Etihad operated flight.
- You must have a visa if your passport requires one.
- All bookings must be made prior to your first flight.
- All rooms except the Emirates Palace are double rooms.
- The Premium Stopovers are NOT available for redemption bookings or discounted upgrades.
Abu Dhabi 2-For-1 Stopover (Economy Class)
The Abu Dhabi stopover is for passengers booked in Economy. To be eligible for the 2-for-1 offer you have to be flying on Etihad or their partners Air Berlin, Jet Airways, Air Seychelles, Air Serbia and Etihad Regional. All you have to do is book for 2 nights and the second night is free, courtesy of Etihad. There are more than 60 hotels to choose from, here they are:
- Ibis Abu Dhabi Gate Hotel ($44USD)
- Centro Al Manhal by Rotana ($48USD)
- Centro Yas Island by Rotana ($48 USD)
- Centro Capital Centre by Rotana ($48 USD)
- Premier Inn Abu Dhabi International Airport ($59 USD)
- Premier Inn Abu Dhabi Capital Centre ($60 USD)
- Park Inn Radisson, Abu Dhabi Yas Island ($67 USD)
- Le Méridien Abu Dhabi ($46 USD)
- Courtyard by Marriot WTC Abu Dhabi ($48 USD)
- Southern Star Abu Dhabi ($50 USD)
- City Seasons Al Hamra Hotel ($50 USD)
- Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi Downtown ($51 USD)
- One to One – The Village ($55 USD)
- Ramada Downtown Abu Dhabi ($55 USD)
- Novotel Abu Dhabi Gate Hotel ($57 USD)
- Danat Capital Hotel ($57 USD)
- Rotana Yas Island ($58 USD)
- Al Maha Arjaan by Rotana ($58 USD)
- Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi ($60 USD)
- Ramada Abu Dhabi Corniche ($60 USD)
- Marfraq Hotel Abu Dhabi ($61 USD)
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham ($62 USD)
- Aloft Abu Dhabi ($64 USD)
- Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan ($65 USD)
- Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi Yas Island ($66 USD)
- Swiss Hotel Corniche ($67 USD)
- Cristal Hotel Abu Dhabi ($73 USD)
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Abu Dhabi Yas Island ($75 USD)
- TRYP by Wyndham Abu Dhabi City Centre ($78 USD)
- Traders Hotel Qarayat Al Beri ($84 USD)
- Tilal Liwa Hotel ($137 USD)
- Grand Millennium Al Wahda ($47 USD)
- Armed Forces Officers Club & Hotel ($52 USD)
- Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi ($56 USD)
- Le Royal Méridien Abu Dhabi ($59 USD)
- Intercontinental Abu Dhabi ($60 USD)
- Royal Rose Hotel ($60 USD)
- Jannah Burj Al Sarab ($62 USD)
- Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi ($64 USD)
- Park Rotana Abu Dhabi ($70 USD)
- Millennium Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi ($70 USD)
- The Westin Abu Dhabi Golf Resort & Spa ($70 USD)
- Hyatt Capital Gate Abu Dhabi ($71 USD)
- Al Raha Beach Hotel ($76 USD)
- Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi Hotel ($82 USD)
- Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort ($86 USD)
- Marriot Hotel Downtown ($89 USD)
- Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi ($91 USD)
- Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan by Rotana ($91 USD)
- Rosewood Abu Dhabi ($92 USD)
- Fairmont Bab Al Bahr Abu Dhabi ($94 USD)
- The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal ($ 98 USD)
- The St. Regis Abu Dhabi ($103 USD)
- Hilton Abu Dhabi ($107 USD)
- Bab Al Qasr Hotel ($108 USD)
- Shangri-La Hotel Qaryat Al Beri ($109 USD)
- Jumeirah at Etihad Towers ($113 USD)
- Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi ($137 USD)
- Telal Resort ($141 USD)
- Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa ($143 USD)
- Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel and Villas ($160 USD)
- Four Seasons Abu Dhabi ($192 USD)
- Anantara Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort ($240 USD)
- Emirates Palace ($277 USD)
- Majlis Grand Mercure Residence ($70 USD)
Abu Dhabi Premium Stopover (Business & First Class)
The Abu Dhabi Premium Stopover is exclusively for passengers in business and first class. Business Class guests receive 1 night free at one of the selected 5-star hotels while First Class receive 2 nights free. Here are the available hotels:
- Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel and Spa, Abu Dhabi
- Intercontinental Abu Dhabi Hotel
- Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, Abu Dhabi
- Rosewood Abu Dhabi
- Shangri-La Hotel Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi
- The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi Grand Canal, Abu Dhabi
- The St. Regis Abu Dhabi
- Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi
The Residence Stopover
The Residence Stopover is obviously for Residence passengers only. There is only 1 hotel available for a 2-night stay, and that is the Emirates Palace, and no you don’t just get a double room. You get one of the Khaleej Suites which are valued at $1200+ USD per night. That is almost the same price as the Residence to Mumbai, pretty great value.
- Emirates Palace Khaleej Suite
Abu Dhabi Transit Stopover
The Abu Dhabi Transit Stopover is a little different to the previous options. If you have a stopover between 6 and 12 hours you are eligible for a round of 9 holes and gold car rental at the Yas Links golf course for as little as 10 USD. If you do not want to play golf, you are given full day access to the pool and one soft drink for the same price as the golf.
Islamic City Stopover
The Islamic City Stopover is meant just for Muslim guests travelling to Hajj or Umrah. Etihad has 4 hotels to choose from which are in accordance with Muslim values and are alcohol-free.
- Ramada Abu Dhabi Corniche
- City Seasons Al Hamra Hotel
- Royal Rose Hotel
- Majilis Grand Mercure Residence – Deluxe Apartments
How do I book the Stopovers?
- Head to etihad.com
- Book your stopover at etihad.com/stopovers
- If you’re booking a premium or residence stopover, head to etihad.com/premiumstopovers.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means Points From The Pacific may receive a commission if you make a purchase using this link.