Who doesn’t like having a nice relaxing glass of wine but also being able to earn points for doing so? Well, this promotion is going to be very good for those who do, and it’s actually a fantastic time that it’s become available as Christmas and even New Years is really only around the corner.
I’m sure most of you Virgin Australia flyers are well aware of Virgin wines but are you familiar with Velocity wine store? If not, I’ll give you a brief rundown.
Virgin Wines have been around for several years now. Recently the Velocity Wine Store has only just become available to the public, and I assume this is apart of Virgin buying back their program which is fantastic news overall as this means there will be more things in the coming months.
Here are some of the main differences in the two and if you’re a responsible points earner, completely ignore the redeem points options – that’s never a good value.
So how do I get these 10,000 points?
As the Velocity Wine Store has just opened, they’re offering a pretty fantastic way to get some bonus points when purchasing some wines and I’m happy to say; there is quite an excellent selection to choose from. Whites, Reds, Champagne, Spirits and even Mixed cases are all available.
The promotion is giving you two options depending on how much you spend, both are quite good in value, and at the end of the day, it all comes down to how you spend your points.
- If you make a transaction of AUD $180 or more, you’ll receive a total of 5,000 Velocity points
- If you make a transaction of AUD $360 or more, you’ll receive a total of 10,000 Velocity points
Here’s all the essential information you need to be aware of regarding this promotion:
- Shipping is excluded from the price, unfortunately, but the cost of that is generally quite low in Australia domestically
- The offer for this promotion ends on the 19th of December – perfect time for Christmas
- You can take advantage of this promotion multiple times within the time frame
- Orders are often completed within a week, but at most can take 14 days, this ultimately depends on where you’re living
- You have to be over the age of 18 years old to place an order
- It can take up to 30 days for the Velocity points to appear in your account
- No points can be earned for delivery costs
I think this promotion is a fantastic one as there’s a lot of value that can be had and the best part of it. There’s no limit as to how many times you take advantage of it. One of my favourite uses of points is for upgrades on domestic and even short-haul international flights.
I think I’ve now found what I’ll be buying a few people for Christmas…