Virgin Australia are once again offering a transfer bonus for credit card reward points (and Hotel points) to Velocity Frequent Flyer. This is the second promotion Velocity has offered this year and is the exact same bonus amount of 15%. The only real difference with this promotion is this time around, there’s about 4 or 5 banks that have been cut. These include NAB, St. George, Coles Credit Cards and BankSA.
Here’s the list of banks that are participating in the credit card transfer bonus promotion:
- American Express (minimum transfer is 2000 points on all cards)
- ANZ Rewards (minimum transfer is 2 points on all cards)
- ANZ Business Rewards (minimum transfer is 2500 points on all cards)
- NAB (minimum transfer is 3000 points on all cards)
- Citibank (minimum transfer is 20,000 on all cards)
- HSBC (Platinum and Premier card holders only) (minimum transfer of 5000 points)
- Diners Club (minimum transfer is 7500 points)
- Card Services (minimum transfer rate is 25000 points)
- Suncorp Bank (minimum transfer rate is 25000 points)
- Bank Of Queensland (Platinum card holders only) (minimum transfer rate is 30000 points)
As a side note, if you’re transferring points from ANZ, you’ll instead receive a 30% bonus instead of the 15%.
To transfer you’re points, you’ll have to login to your credit card provider account and transfer that way. Velocity have mad a great drop down which shows how to do it for each bank. If you need some assistance, click here. If you want to transfer your points, you do not have to register for the promotion. You just need points to transfer from your card and an active Velocity account (which has to be in your name if problems will arise).
Velocity also have a large number of partners including Etihad, Virgin Atlantic, Air New Zealand, Delta, Singapore Airlines etc. You can even transfer your points to Singapore Airlines which enables to fly Singapore Airlines Suites and 26 other Star Alliance airlines.
Take advantage of the promotion while it’s here as It ends on November 30th.